Dear Bride & Groom, looks like you are excited enough for your wedding and have started to wonder ‘Now What’?
Well, you do not need to worry at all! We have created this wedding planning checklist to take you through each step you must not forget to tick off if you really wish to plan a flawless wedding! This wedding checklist will comprise of and show you all the little and big tasks that you need to make sure are completed before your big day finally arrives. Whether you are a year away or just a few months away from your wedding day, it is very important that you plan each and every stage carefully and with confidence. And only a well-charted out and organized checklist can help you achieve all of this.
This wedding checklist will guide you through more than a year of the wedding planning process, which will help you to manage your time and money well. There is also a to-do list – right up until your wedding day and beyond! You may write-in your own to do’s and mark all of them off the list with time. Always remember, you will have more time to enjoy each other and the entire process if you will remain organized. Here you go….
For when about a year is left for the big day: It’s Time to Begin!
- Finalise upon up to 3 dates for your big day so that you can be flexible
- Set a budget and plan on who will be contributing what
- Brainstorm and discover the type and style of wedding you wish to have, the wedding theme, dress code etc.
- Explore the venue options
- Choose wedding party as to who will be your Best Man, Maid of Honor, Groomsmen or Bridesmaids
- Consider creating a wedding website
- It’s also the time you began assembling a team of wedding professionals for your big day: wedding photographer, videographer, wedding planner, artists, caterer, decorator etc.
- Establish your guest list
For when less than a year is left for your big day: Keep Your Shoes On!
- Choose your wedding attire as well as accessories
- Reserve venues for your big day and reception party
- Hire wedding professionals for your big day: photographer, videographer, wedding planner, artists, caterer, decorator etc.
- Book officiant
- Purchase your wedding dress
- Establish a beauty routine for yourself
- Establish a fitness routine for yourself
For when 9 months are left for your big day: Keep Calm and Go On!
- Start finding hotels for all your out-of-town guests
- Refine your guest list
- Create gift registries for return favors
- Start looking for designs for your wedding invites, and coordinate stationery: Thank Yous, Menu Cards, Programs and Enclosures
- Start to plan your Honeymoon!
For when 6 months are left for your big day: It’s Time to Start Celebrating Each Day!
- Start exploring makeup and hairstyles for your Big Day
- Arrange meetings with your officiant so as to discuss how the ceremony would be conducted
- Reserve rentals, such as chairs and tables, décor, lighting, mattresses, linens etc.
- Hire musicians for your Big Day
- Decide on the attire and accessories of the groomsmen and bridesmaids
- Choose cake flavor and style
- Personalise as well as order one wedding invite for the check
For when 4 months are left for your big day: Time to Give the Final Touches!
- Schedule dress fittings
- Finalise on flowers
- Order wedding cake
- Finalise your wedding guest list
- Plan welcome gifts for your out of town guests
- Book honeymoon hotels and flights
For when 2-3 months are left for your big day: Oh, So Close!
- Plan seating arrangements
- Finalise food menu
- Order return favors
- Mail wedding invites
- Review the details of the ceremony with officiant
- Apply for marriage license
For when 3-4 weeks are left for your big day: Do Not Forget to
- Call all your vendors to confirm location, times and date
- Pack for honeymoon
- Pick up wedding license
- Finalise upon your wedding dress fittings, along with your shoes
- Start writing ‘Thank You’ notes
- Follow up with guests who have not confirmed
- Provide your caterer with the final count
- Get your final haircut done
- Delegate duties
- Get spa treatments for yourself
- Prepare final payments that you need to make to all your vendors
For when only a day is left for your big day: You Are Almost There!
- Get a massage
- Relax and get to bed early
On your BIG DAY
- Make sure you have a good breakfast
- Make plenty of time for getting ready
- Smile, and live each and every moment
When Everything is Done and Dusted: Make sure that…
- All the rentals have been returned
- All the guests receive Thank You Notes with a wedding photo attached
Make sure you tick off all these points! Hope this wedding planning checklist will help you and have a fabulous wedding!! All the best.Tags: DIY Wedding, Plan My Wedding, Ultimate Wedding Planning Checklist, Wedding Artists, Wedding Caterer, Wedding Dates, Wedding Decorator, Wedding Dress, Wedding Photographer, Wedding Planner, Wedding Planners, Wedding Planning Checklist, Wedding Tips, Wedding Venue, Wedding Videographer